SUMMARY OF DUTIES
If technology is the vehicle by which we increasingly achieve higher standards of living, software development is the engine that drives that vehicle forward. Software Program managers work in nearly every industry and are essential to ensuring the effective creation, maintenance and overall success of computer program and application development.
The Sr. Program Manager has overall responsibility for managing day to day software development schedules and maintaining key milestones and deliverables, as well as managing key customer communications. In addition to ensuring programs are on track and customer needs are met, this position will provide a key role in the program development, processes, and execution management.
This position will report directly to the Director of Program Management, Lancera.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS PERFORMED
- Oversees and manages development programs dealing with custom software development, and PCI compliance.
- Oversees and directs project schedule and milestones in conjunction with application development.
- Where appropriate, engages the customer in the analysis and documentation of program requirements and specifications.
- Institutes controls to keep projects on track.
- Assists in sales engagement with sales management and technical account managers, as required.
- Responds to customer and project based issues, changing priorities and escalating issues where appropriate keeping all interested parties abreast of developments and decisions in a timely fashion
- Manages program development to ensure timing, financial and quality targets are met.
- Participates with peers, management and clients in strategic planning for future company growth and new company ventures.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Requires a minimum of 2-5 years’ experience in program management or equivalent.
- Familiarity with various software platforms, development processes and methodologies, such as Agile, scrum, etc.
- Proficiency with industry-standard software programs and applications is desired. Some of the most common include PHP, .NET, Word Press.
- Demonstrated management of customer communications, expectations, and issue resolution.
- Demonstrated management of technical projects and team members.
- Requires experience interacting with executive levels and the ability to work without supervision on specific assignments
- Management of personnel, both local and remote.
- The ability to balance the completion of independent work assignments with the management of a diverse project team.
- Should possess superior communication skills, both verbal and written,
- Must be highly self-motivated in order to drive projects forward, have strong organizational skills, and be able to operate under tight deadlines.
- Requires ability to manage many key project development initiatives simultaneously
- Must use critical and analytical thinking to effectively solve problems.